The Grants Specialist will support of our client, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The Grants Specialist is a full-time position required to process and close out grants administered by the agency. The Grants Specialist will be required to work at a government office in Baltimore, MD.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Performs closeout reviews of grants ensuring documentation, amendments, financial and progress reports, and other required materials are within files and systems.
- Identifies critical issues within grant files and takes necessary reporting actions based on prescribed operating procedures.
- Prepares grant closeout packages inclusive of all required information.
- Abstracts key information per standard operating procedures (SOPs) and ensures that information is entered properly into supporting data systems and other tracking or control sheets.
- Communicates internally and externally via email and by phone with grant recipients as required.
- Provides information, data, reports, and briefings in support of informal and formal meetings where submissions are subject to review.
- Provides assistance with the CMS grant process through utilization of systems such as GrantSolutions or grants.gov.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- At least two years of relevant experience preferably in grants management
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications including MS-Word, MS-Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow directions and/or SOPs when performing work tasks
- Experience supporting federal government contracts is a plus
- Ability to secure government suitability background clearance
Success Factors and Job Competencies:
- Ability to process information with timeliness and accuracy.
- Possess ability to multitask and prioritize work assignments
- Must have the ability to interact with a diverse set of individuals both internal and external to the organization.
- Ability to think analytically.
Environment & Physical Demands:
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment, but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for up to six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, (e.g., walking, standing, communicating, reading, thinking, concentrating and other cognitive and physical functions as necessary).
Elias Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, military or veteran status, disability status, genetic information, FMLA entitlement, or any other characteristic protected by law. Elias Group complies with applicable Federal, state, and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Elias Group expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, sex, gender, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, military or veteran status, disability status, genetic information, FMLA entitlement, or any other characteristic protected by law. Improper interference with the ability of Elias Group employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Elias Group HR Contact for Questions:
3545 Ellicott Mills Drive, Suite 304, Ellicott City, MD 21043
To Apply to Elias Group:
In order to apply, please email a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com